Monday 2 January 2017

Happy Holidays









Winter Holidays are nearly over. I love Christmas and New Year’s Eve celebrations. I love the preparation, home made decorations and Christmas lights. So I am always a little bit sad when January begins.



We had lots of fun during Christmas holidays. I was more relaxed compared to previous years, because I have not been overwhelmed with lots of cooking.


I would like to say big thank you to Tesco for selling Christmas Party Food; Cheese Boards and Christmas Desserts. Prices are really good and the food looks amazing. My family members loved every bites. They even did not realise I did not cook lots from scratch this year. They were satisfied and well fed with my Tesco food haul. I love when my guests eat my food – it even helps to reduce food waste.



I am panel member at Orchard at Tesco. They offered me money off coupon from their Christmas range. I chose Party Food, there were cheese and dessert coupons as well.



Tesco’s Christmas food range is amazing. You can find everything what you need and even more!
I just mention our family favourites. Tesco Finest Scottish Smoked Salmon Trio is delicious, consists of layers of smoked salmon, flavoured with lemon, pepper, beetroot and smoked chestnut and finished with lemon wedges and dill. Even big gourmets will love it.
You can buy Tesco Finest Antipasti Selection on a beautiful handcrafted serving board. This delicious platter of crowd-pleasing antipasti meats is best served with crusty bread and juicy olives for the real Mediterranean experience.
Christmas prices and offers are really good at Tesco. All the party food were on 3 for 2 offer during December. All party foods are freezable so I stocked up to save on Christmas menu.


It was a hard choice, but with Breaded Chicken Sticks & Pops and chips you never go wrong on a Christmas party, even pickiest children will eat these tasty bites. These chopped and shaped chicken sticks and pops in a crispy breadcrumb coating are so crispy and easy to cook. It is impossible to spoil. Even my husband or dad can cook it in the oven when we women have lots to do. Even our very picky cat loved breaded chicken bites. Anyway she does not eat human food. It should have very tempting aroma when she asks to try it. And yes, Tesco Christmas Party Food has very tempting aroma and delicious flavour.


I made the desserts myself because we love traditional Christmas bakes. I bought only some from Tesco. Pear, Plum and Cinnamon Mince Pies were fantastic for my picky guests. These fake mince pies are packed with ripe plums and pears in a buttery, melt-in-the-mouth pastry. I cannot resist to buy some Chocolate Truffle Sprouts (made entirely from creamy Belgian chocolate) just for fun.

I baked some Poppy Seeded Rolls and Walnut Rolls. I tried this recipe first time and luckily the result was delicious. I must repeat it more often.



I was creative with Bramley Apple Sauce and baked mini apple pies decorated with ready to roll icing.



Linzer Cookies are the best Christmas treats. You can bake them any time during December, hide in a biscuit tin and just serve during Christmas holidays. If you do not hide them you must bake 3-4 portions during December. Linzer Cookies are really addictive. Just saying….



After so much good food here is the time to go back to my exercise routine. I had the first run in 2017 today. I was happy to try my Christmas presents in action.











No comments:

Post a Comment